Christopher Marlowe, Edmund Spenser, Faustus, geoffrey chaucer, King Lear, literature, parlindungan pardede, Romeo and Juliet, the owl and the nightingale, uki, universitas kristen indonesia, William Shakespeare
Since some of you were unable to post their midterm assignment in Mid-Term Assignment please post your below this Mid-Term Assignment (2).
Write two paragraphs for each chosen item. In the first paragraph summarize the work. In the second, show how the work is related to the sociological, historical, political, and/or religious backgrounds of the period in which it was written (you can focus on one or more background). Write each paragraph in about 100 words and post it on the reply section below. Put all references you use on the bottom of your writing. Use The Owl and the Nightingale as a model for writing each work. Deadline for posting: Friday, May 4, 2012, 12:00 pm.
- Cynewulf’s The Dream of the Rood
- Mendelville’s Travel
- Geoffrey Chaucer‘s The Caterbury Tales
- Edm und Spenser’s Faery Queen
- Christopher Marlowe‘s Dr. Faustus
- Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet
- Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar
- Thoma s More‘s Utopia
- Thomas Nashe‘ The Unfortunate Traveler